Actually, you cannot build a Noguchi coffee table. The piece was produced under exclusive license since 1948 by the company Herman Miller. The original design with sculpture, drawings and other works for gardens and projects made public by Noguchi, can be found at the Noguchi Museum in Long Island.
Instructions of build a Noguchi coffee table
11 Picture Gallery: How to Build a Noguchi Coffee Table Style
- You will need a piece of glass, with a figure of a triangle. One side should be approximately 50 inches, another 40 and the last 36, the edges should be rounded.
- The original production line Herman Miller is made of birch wood, walnut or cherry. Currently the tables are manufactured with walnut and lacquered finishes cherry.
- Make the holes with the hole in the right hand curves running to the shorter sides and connect the pieces by inserting a wooden rod 2 to 3 inches, one on edge and down, the other inverted, with the flat side above.
- Open the bases at an angle of 70-80 degrees to the support base glass. Check the surface to make sure it is flush.
- Sand lightly one last time and give your table finished with lacquer or clear varnish. Will not have a Noguchi coffee table, but get a little abstract spirit of the piece.
This post topic: Table