Old, worn or damaged chairs can make your kitchen or your dining room look sloppy. One way to change that aspect, and possibly make your chairs more comfortable, is using dining room chair covers.
However, sometimes they can cost as much as buying new chairs, so you save a lot of money if you do. You need to have some sewing skills to complete dining room chair covers.
12 Picture Gallery: Dining Room Chair Covers
- Fabric draped over chair according to your measurements and place pins joining pieces on lines of seams. Measure seat and cut another piece of fabric remnants. Place pins on seat cover over fabric at bottom of backrest.
- Remove pattern from back of chair and mark seam lines with tailor’s chalk.
- Cut pieces of mold of your fabric cover and puzzle through a seam on appropriate lines. Use by sewing right sides of fabric and give them back to right so that seam is partner.
- Measure base of chair to create skirt, Cut fabric to desired length of dining room chair covers and width you measured.
- Place pins attaching right sides of skirt and make hem of skirt on cover of chair. Fold skirt to hang as it should be and sew seam to attach corner edges.
This post topic: Chair